Blogs — Chem Sex
Posted by Gary Carpenter on
Chem Sex: essentially it's people taking part in weekend-long sex parties with multiple partners, sometimes drugs such as methamphetamine (Molly, Tina, Crystal Meth) are taken either by snorting or injecting it – ‘slamming’
Why? According to Alex Hopkins, 95% of people who use Crystal, do so to have better sex.
And it’s growing in popularity.
But for me, in my occupation - working to help people know more about HIV, generating conversation, demistifying and breaking the stigma around HIV and encouraging regular testing – the thing that stands out most is the massively increased risks people are prepared to take when they are high. Perhaps not a total surprise but worrying none the less. These actions are increasing HIV transmissions.
When’s right? Knowing when to take the sex ‘plunge’
REDUCING RISK OF CONTRACTING HIV
Welcome welcome welcome
World AIDS Day 2017
Prince Harry and HIV self testing
- 15 things to do in 15 minutes
- Are HIV and AIDS the same thing
- Chem Sex
- freshers and sex
- HIV & AIDS - The Facts
- Holiday sex
- Living without the knowledge you have HIV
- sex at festivals
- Sex education
- Shaking the Shame and smashing the stigma (part 2)
- Spicy Sex this Autumn
- The difference between HIV home sampling and HIV self testing
- What are the symptoms of HIV?
- Who can get HIV
- Who needs a monogamous relationship? Promiscuity and Sexual Health
- Why is HIV missing from sex education in our schools
- Why is there still so much stigma surrounding HIV? (part 1)