Blogs — Are HIV and AIDS the same thing
Posted by Brigette Bard on
HIV is a virus. AIDS is a condition. They are not the same thing.
It is impossible to get AIDS without first being infected with HIV, but a person can have HIV without it ever developing into AIDS.
Antiretrovirals (ART) are so advanced, that if the right treatment is started at the right time most people live an active, healthy and full life. The earlier treatment begins, the more effective it is. But somebody can't get treated until they get tested....
When’s right? Knowing when to take the sex ‘plunge’
REDUCING RISK OF CONTRACTING HIV
Welcome welcome welcome
World AIDS Day 2017
Prince Harry and HIV self testing
- 15 things to do in 15 minutes
- Are HIV and AIDS the same thing
- Chem Sex
- freshers and sex
- HIV & AIDS - The Facts
- Holiday sex
- Living without the knowledge you have HIV
- sex at festivals
- Sex education
- Shaking the Shame and smashing the stigma (part 2)
- Spicy Sex this Autumn
- The difference between HIV home sampling and HIV self testing
- What are the symptoms of HIV?
- Who can get HIV
- Who needs a monogamous relationship? Promiscuity and Sexual Health
- Why is HIV missing from sex education in our schools
- Why is there still so much stigma surrounding HIV? (part 1)